Reports to: Plant Manager
The Office Coordinator’s focus is to ensure that all customer projects are delivered on-time and with desirable results. To be successful this employee must be very organized, detailed and a strong planner. In addition to customer communication, this person serves as a liaison among all internal departments including engineering, sales, manufacturing, fabrication, and external vendors specific to tooling and custom manufacturing purchase orders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Sales to quote new and revised parts/tools.
- Maintain quote log within Excel.
- Complete purchase orders and track.
- Coordinate weekly project meetings with an internal cross-functional team to ensure project timelines and benchmarking.
- Coordinate weekly shipping status meeting to inform team of shipment delivery issues to maintain on time delivery objectives.
- Assign/implement those timelines working backwards from launch date all the way back thru tool fabrication and engineering, giving each department a benchmark completion date.
- Manage project budget.
- Participate in design, content creation and education of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other training materials.
- Organize new product development and maintain schedules to keep new products on track.
- Effectively communicate and provide customer service internally and manage expectations of all parties to ensure a ‘best in class’ experience.
- Keen sense of priorities; see what needs to be done and assess the degree of urgency and importance. Demonstrate expertise in managing multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines congruently in a highly dynamic environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma. College degree or equivalent experience helpful.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an office or customer service role.
- Experience with MS Office applications, specifically Excel.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, ability to complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail required and strong organizational skills.
- Regularly required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to move about the facility as needed.
- Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes and odors.